BASS PRO SHOPS
Senior Copywriter for White River Marine Group Position Description
The White River Marine Group (WRMG) Senior Copywriter is a critical part of the award-winning WRMG Creative Team – providing key creative leadership and supervision. This individual will work closely with art directors, designers, other writers and the marketing team to craft compelling marketing materials for Ranger fiberglass and aluminum boats. The Senior Copywriter must not only be creative, but also very detail-oriented, driven and organized, as they will often be responsible for proofreading and writing a wide range of materials containing highly technical information. As a senior-level member of the creative team, the Senior Copywriter should also possess leadership skills and be able to assist with supervising the team. Given the subject matter, this individual should also possess extensive knowledge of recreational boating and competitive angling.
- Craft creative and compelling marketing copy for a variety of mediums such as B2B, B2C, print, web, video and social.
- Develop SEO-friendly copy for the brand websites that provides key information in a consumer-friendly format.
- Work w/Subject Matter Experts and Engineers to update current specs and features of boats, and retrieve information through plant visits for next year model information.
- Create radio and video scripts for advertisements and product videos.
- Work w/art directors, designers and Marketing to develop brand guidelines and ideas for each new model year.
- Ensure specs, features, options, pricing and other information is updated and correct in technical publications and websites.
- Work w/photography to develop shot lists needed to portray boat features.
- Proofread and edit all materials associated with the Ranger boats brand.
- Assist Creative Manager w/providing creative leadership and supervision to Ranger creative team members.
- Ten or more years of copywriting experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and a four-year degree in writing-related field.
- Experience working with and leading creative teams.
- Above average interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written are a must.
- Must be able to travel occasionally throughout the year for miscellaneous industry events and responsibilities (boat shows, training, plant visits, meetings, etc.).
- Experience in communicating effectively with all levels of internal and external associates.
- Must be an efficient multi-tasker, extremely thorough, detail-oriented and able to take initiative to analyze, identify, discuss, and/or correct errors.
- Extensive knowledge of recreational boating and competitive angling required.
- Will be required to provide portfolio examples of writing style.
Apply here: White River Marine Group