The Tom Rollins Award is given in recognition of a member’s extraordinary devotion and service to SEOPA. This tribute, which is not necessarily bestowed each year, is considered the most prestigious of all SEOPA honors. The Special Awards Committee, which has the three most recent recipients as members, grants the award by reviewing nominations from the membership.
Tom Rollins, for whom the award is named, served SEOPA as president from 1964 through 1967 and as executive director from 1973 until his retirement in 1988. His special fondness for the Canada goose inspired Bob Dennie to initiate the presentation of a Canada goose pin to each recipient of the Tom Rollins Award.
- 1974 – V. H. (Doc) Jernigan, Manchester, Tenn.
- 1976 – Ernest J. Foldi, Bridgewater, Va.
- 1978 – D. L. (Bo) Glovier, Clinton, Tenn.
- 1979 – J.L. (Jim) Martin, Biloxi, Miss.
- 1980 – D.W. (Don) Pfitzer, Lithonia, Ga.
- 1981 – J. Wayne Fears, Heflin, Ala.
- 1982 – Ridley Bell, Columbus, Ga.
- 1983 – Russell M. Daley, Norcross, Ga.
- 1985 – C.F. (Chuck) Buckley, Alexandria, La.
- 1986 – Bodie McDowell, Elon, N.C.
- 1988 – Sharon Rushton, Kimberling City, Mo.
- 1989 – Clarence (Soc) Clay, South Shore, Ky.
- 1991 – Tom M. Rollins, Clinton, Tenn.
- 1992 – R.N. (Bob) Dennie, Geismar, La.
- 1996 – Tim Tucker, Micanopy, Fla.
- 2000 – Gail Wright, Gilbert, S.C.
- 2002 – Keith Sutton, Alexander, Ark.
- 2006 – Jim Casada, Rock Hill, S.C.
- 2015 – Rob Simbeck, Hermitage, Tenn.
- 2017 – Tes Randle Jolly, Tuskegee, Ala.
deceased (underlined) honorary (italics)